« Rep. Ryan Tastes The Grapes of Wrath | Main | 102 degrees at 8 PM - looking for 104 next week! »

Friday, July 08, 2011



I had problems for some months with my connection. I've had guys from the the company come out to take a look a number of times.

Turns out there was problem with the cable that I had run from the front of the house to the back. It was air-filled co-axial, and not solid. Plus, I had cut the cable in a couple of places, and re-joined it with connectors - which does not help with db levels. (Though I did have some problems previous to running this cable also)

I'm with Virgin Media UK. I guess they might have been justified in charging me (the last guy was here for nearly half an hour sorting out my mistakes) but I'm grateful that they didn't.

In your case though, it wouldn't seem fair to charge you. How can they charge you for a problem with their own equipment?

Abby Catron

Hello Jim,

I am sorry to read you were charged a service call fee and understand your concerns. If the problem was determined to be with our equipment then this should not be the case. Please send me an e-mail at Umatter2Charter@chartercom.com with "CharterAbby - www.showmeblog.com" in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for the e-mail. Also, please verify the address, phone#, and either the security code from the upper right hand corner of the bill, 4 digit PIN# (if applicable), or account number so we can discuss this bill in detail.

Looking forward to resolving your concerns,

Abby Catron
Communications Specialist - Charter

The comments to this entry are closed.

Blog powered by Typepad
Member since 07/2003